Cartridge dust collectors are compact, modular for easy expansion, and designed for easy change-outs. This article includes the top benefits of a cartridge dust collector, common industry use, and the frequently asked questions on a new cartridge dust collector project.
What type of dust collector is compact, efficient, and cost effective?
Finding the right sized dust collector becomes is a top priority when you have multiple equipment, employees, and a dust collector working together in a small space. When height or space restrictions become a problem, a customer can typically solve it by installing a compact cartridge collector. A cartridge collector can be the right fit for you are working with very fine dust, fumes, or if you’re collecting a low volume of dust with CFM of 500 or greater. For example, if you are collecting less than one 55 gallon drum a day, then this would be considered the best scenario.
Most common industries that use cartridge collectors:
- Paint/Powder Booths
Most common benefits that should be included in your cartridge collector:
- Modular for easy expansion
- Ease of maintenance design features allow for change outs in under 30 minutes
- Designed with non-proprietary replacement parts that provides significant cost savings now and in the future
- Meets or exceeds OSHA, NFPA and government regulations for air quality
If you’re looking for a cartridge collector for your next project, here is a check list of some frequently asked questions you’ll need to consider.
Cartridge Dust Collector Project Questions
- How much CFM will be needed for the Cartridge Dust Collector?
- What type of material will you be collecting?
- How much dust do you usually dispose of in a day?
- What is the bulk density of the material?
- Approximately what air velocity (FPM) are you looking for?
- Do you have an Air-to-Cloth Ratio in mind?
- What is the Air Temperature projected at the inlet duct?
- Is the material explosive? If so, do you need a spark detection system, explosion vent, or sprinkler system?
- How many pick-up points will there be?
- What is the static pressure you are projecting for the system?
- Do you need us to supply the Inlet Duct, Pick-Up Hoods, Installation, or Fan?
- Do you want a Rotary Valve or Double Dump Valve?
- Is there anything else important to you we may be missing? Lead time, project installation, etc. ?