The Most Frequently Asked Questions on a Baghouse Project
Are you looking into getting a baghouse for your next dust collector project? How do you know if it’s the right dust collector for your application? In this blog post we’ll be helping you explore the different benefits of a baghouse, which industries its commonly used in, and what type of application they are best suited for.
Baghouses are usually suited for large volume applications. They will perform best when you have a large area or high volume of dust that needs to be captured. For example, collecting more than one 55 gallon a drum per day and an airflow exceeding 1000 CFM would be considered high volume. Baghouses perform well in high temperature applications such as metalworking and castings, mining, minerals, energy and more.
Most common industries that use baghouses:
Most common benefits that should be included in your baghouse:
- Walk-in plenums, and easy maintenance access for small or large projects.
- Self contained
- Fully automated
If a baghouse seems like the right fit for your next dust collector project, then here is a check list of some frequently asked questions you’ll need to consider.
Baghouse Project Questions
- How much CFM will be needed for the Baghouse Dust Collector?
- What type of material will you be collecting?
- How much dust do you usually dispose of in a day?
- What is the bulk density of the material?
- Approximately what air velocity (FPM) are you looking for?
- Do you have an Air-to-Cloth Ratio in mind?
- What is the Air Temperature projected at the inlet duct?
- Is the material explosive? If so, do you need a spark detection system, explosion vent, or sprinkler system?
- How many pick-up points will there be?
- What is the static pressure you are projecting for the system?
- Do you need us to supply the Inlet Duct, Pick-Up Hoods, Installation, or Fan?
- Do you want a Rotary Valve or Double Dump Valve, and is a screw conveyor required?
- What are the height and size requirements, if applicable?
- Do you have a specific filter bag material and construction that you are looking for?